Coming back from Skaftafell, we were going back via what is called the Golden Circle. The morning started well, with us seeing precisely where we were staying.
1. The Fosshotel at Skaftafell. To the left of the photos were the rooms of the hotel.
2. American Style Landscape. Iceland’s landscape is so varied that you get a number of different landscapes crammed into the one country. This one looks like something you get in the west of the US, except with the lava field next to it.
3. Islands off Vik. These islands are off the most southernmost point of the country – an ethereal spot.
4. If I Could Live Anywhere… It would be here, right? No wonder so many people in Iceland write literature.
5. Skálholt Cathedral. After we went off Route 1, we headed towards the Geysir and Gullfoss. Before them, however, there was the old headquarters of the Icelandic church, Skálholt Cathedral. A beautiful church and the image of Jesus, done in mosaic tiles, is as beautiful a representation of Jesus as I have seen.